Does your profile on LinkedIn look average - or even boring? Luckily, it doesn't take much effort to change that. By uploading a background photo you can make your profile stand out - here's why:
Adding visuals to your profile makes it easier on the eye and visitors will be more comfortable reading through your content. You really are wasting an opportunity by not including a photo; it's a simple yet effective way of expressing yourself, and it helps potential clients and hiring agents to see you in a professional light.
Just follow these simple steps to add a background photo to your LinkedIn profile:
1. Create a photo with the dimensions 1400 by 425 pixels
2. Save the image in either JPG or PNG format. GIF can also be used but it's not suitable for photos
3. Make sure the photo is related to your profession. For example, if you are a salesperson, you could upload a photo of the product you are selling
4. Make sure the image is optimised for web use, and no bigger than 4MB
5. Finally, when you've uploaded your background photo, ensure that it looks good on your profile and that other content is not blocking important elements in the image. You can check this by clicking the "View profile as" button on your profile